COVID-19 Support Package for NSW Businesses & Employees
Highlights from the announcement by the PM & NSW Premier 13th July, 2021.
- An extension to the previously announced business grants program. This means eligible businesses with Australian wages below $10 million can claim grants between $7,500 and $15,000 to cover the first three-weeks of restrictions:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more;
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more;
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more
- Payroll tax waivers of 25% for businesses with Australian wages of between $1.2 million and $10 million that have experienced a 30% decline in turnover, as well as payroll tax deferrals and interest free repayment plans;
- A new grants program for micro businesses with a turnover of between $30,000 and $75,000 which experience a decline in turnover of 30%. The businesses will be eligible for a $1,500 payment per fortnight of restrictions.
Eligible businesses and not for profits organisations impacted by the restrictions can apply from 19th July, 2021. For more information and to be notified when the programs are available Click here
Other issues that will be of interest to businesses and individuals:
- A capped grant of up to $1,500 for residential landlords who are not liable to pay land tax who reduce rent for tenants;
- Land tax relief equal to the value of rent reductions provided by commercial, retail and residential landlords to financially distressed tenants, up to 100% of the 2021 land tax year liability;
- Deferral of gaming tax assessments for clubs until 21 December 2021 and hotels until 21 January 2021;
- A $75 million support package for the performing arts sector to be administered by Create NSW;
- A support package for the accommodation sector worth $26 million;
- $12 million in additional funding for temporary accommodation for those at risk of or experiencing homelessness, and
- $5.1 million in NSW funding to support mental health.