Small Business Tax Time toolkit for 2023.
Small businesses are the engine room of our economy
In 2020-21 there were approximately 4.5 million small businesses contributing more than $856 billion to our economy, and providing over 6 million jobs.
The Toolkit is one way the ATO looks to help this vital sector. It is reviewed every year to make sure the fact sheets are up to date and reflect what small businesses want to know.
The toolkit includes:
- a helpful directory of links to help find information, tools, calculators, learning resources and other support and services;
- several fact sheets including one on claiming deductions for the cost of digital expenses, and another on using business money and assets.
We also have 3 fact sheets for primary producers.
For more detail click on the following links:
- Tools and calculators
- Help and support
- Home-based business expenses
- Motor vehicle expenses
- Travel expenses
- Digital product expenses
- Using business money and assets
- Pausing or permanently closing your business